Monday, February 20, 2012

Open Range

So you know when you're driving to run an errand that's maybe, 5 minutes away and suddenly you desperately wish that you could go on a road trip?

I had one of those days today. It was a really nice 45 degree sunny day. Where was I? Work. But during my lunch break, I had to go to Starbucks which was about 10 minutes away. I suddenly had the urge to be driving across the western part of the US--with the windows down and just the beautiful scenery to keep me company.


You know, one of the most serene memories I have, is when I was driving. My family was vacationing in upstate NY and I was driving up to visit them. It was mid summer, and as you climbed further and further north, the scenery kind of looked like that in the picture above. The best part? No cell phone service. I played the song, "The Fear You Won't Fall" (Acoustic version) by Joshua Radin on repeat for who knows how long.

Another song that reminds me of this, is the song "All the Wild Horses" by Ray Lamontagne. What a voice. I could listen to him all day long if I wanted to. He's got this really raspy, gentle voice that is extremely soothing. Hope you enjoy this song!

1 comment:

  1. "COME, my tan-faced children,
    Follow well in order, get your weapons ready;
    Have you your pistols? have you your sharp edged axes? Pioneers! O pioneers!" ...


    your post made me think of O Pioneers by Whitman.

    ReplyDelete