Thursday, November 24, 2011

Come Away With Me

It's Thanksgiving...which is a lovely time of year. Everyone has something to be thankful for. Friends, family, the copious amounts of food to be consumed (all of the above?). Today, my dad, sister and I ran the Turkey Trot. I think that it is a genius idea. Think about it--you run 3.1 miles roughly....and when you go to eat your Thanksgiving meal, there's NO way you can feel the least bit guilty for how much pie you eat. You ran 3.1 miles....you can eat the whole pie AND some.
It was WAY too cold. But so much fun!
Okay so hold up. As cheerful as everyone is on Thanksgiving, you have to remember that ominous thought, looming over your head. I of course mean Black Friday. 

People trampling other people in order to get a deal---at midnight. If you've shopped at midnight on Black Friday, I'm really impressed. I'd rather be sleeping in my nice warm bed...avoiding such crowds. My advice for staying positive and cheerful on Black Friday? Two words:

Norah Jones.

She is AMAZING. I think she's magical. Everything she touches (or sings, rather) is gold. The song that comes to mind, is the one that I most likely will get married to. It's called, "Come Away With Me". So do me a favor here:

I will post a version on here, if you're seriously the laziest person on the planet. However, because you're already on the internet, do me a HUGE favor....go to Norah's website. www.norahjones.com

From there, click on Media, click the TV, and watch the video for Come Away With Me. THEN you will understand my adoration for this song. It's so insanely simple...yet amazing. So yes, here is a version for all of you super lazy people. You will not understand the mere amazingness of this song...if you don't go to Norah's website. SO DO IT.





No comments:

Post a Comment