Friday, December 23, 2011

Pairs

Ah pairs. There are some things that just go together.



Peanut Butter and Jelly!









Sonny and Cher!




Ryan and Marissa! (Guess what I've been watching alot of lately.....)






There are some musicians that suddenly have the genius idea to pair up with another musician, and together, create an amazing song. Personally, I like it when a guy and a girl pair up--the harmonies are fantastic.


Take Joshua Radin for example. He is oh so lovely. I saw him in concert on Valentines Day--what a show. He has this melodic voice that is so soothing. Therefore, because clearly he's a genius, he paired up with a few lovely women to create pretty popular songs.

With Ingrid Michaelson--Sky
With Schuyler Fisk--Paperweight

Think the Postal Service. The fantastic voice of Ben Gibbard with some Jenny Lewis. Any song that accompanies Jenny Lewis is awesome. Think Ben Folds and Regina Spektor--You Don't Know Me. That's a great pop song.

But none of these are going to be posted today...sorry! Go check them out though. Today, Joshua Radin takes the cake. He paired up with the absolutely amazing Patty Griffin for the song, "You've Got Growing Up to Do"
Hi Guys! Don't look so happy!

I am a HUGE Patty Griffin fan. When I saw this on Joshua Radin's "Simple Times" album, I was ecstatic. He played this at the Valentines Day concert...I was slightly bummed that she didn't show up. Such is life.

Let me know what you think! I will probably post again today, just because I clearly didn't in just about a week. More music needs to be talked about.


No comments:

Post a Comment