Saturday, December 17, 2011

Accents

Accents. I love them. I grew up in Jersey, so I say tournament like a traditional Jersian (not a word). I went to college in the South and heard my share of Southern accents.

Aside from the various "American" accents....have you ever legit tried to mimic an accent from a different country? You look at actors that have done this in movies, and you'd NEVER guess they were acting. For example, Rose Byrne.
Rose was the "bad guy" in Bridesmaids....as Helen. Side note, if you haven't seen this movie, go out and rent it right now. It is hilarious. Rose in the movie is American, however she's actually from Australia. You'd NEVER guess this. I think that really says something about an actor/actress when they're able to do this. You try and pretend to be British, legit British. I think that would be hard.

This brings me to show you all a hilarious Youtube video, of the cast of Harry Potter trying to sound American. Another side note, I love Harry Potter so get used to seeing these sorts of videos.


Okay so onto music....thinking of accents and how hard it is to sing to a specific song, I can really think of one: Kate Nash-Foundations. Her British accent is incredibly thick when she sings, and it's so good. I LOVE this song. I lied. I love all songs by Kate Nash. She's absolutely hilarious. I think Foundations was the first song to really boost her career and she just kept going. After listening to this one, check out "Do-Wah-Doo". She is a fantastic musician!

No comments:

Post a Comment