Monday, November 14, 2011

Being Sick=Instrumental Music

So I have a cold. It's that time of year where everyone comes into work all sniffily and coughing everywhere. It is almost impossible to not get sick.

Instrumental music is almost the majority of my music taste. I love a song that has piano, cello, or guitar in the background. You probably noticed that in the past few posts (hence The Cinematic Orchestra). Just wait until Christmas time....Trans Siberian Orchestra will come about.

However, it has come to my attention that everyone and their mother is currently obsessed with The Civil Wars. I don't blame them. They are really good. Very folk-y. Joy Williams has a beautiful voice that is harmonized well with the gentle voice of John Paul White. Instead of posting an example, I want to post their instrumental song called, "The Violet Hour". There are no words, just instruments and by golly, it is wonderful...especially when words are just not wanted. I hope you enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. ooh yay, can't wait for the trans siberian orchestra too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I really like words,

    "...words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth."

    ReplyDelete