Tuesday, November 15, 2011

If You Don't Know Laura Marling....Shame On You

The title of this post pretty much sums up what needs to be said. Laura Marling is a British artist that has an amazing voice. The first thought that I had when I saw this video, in all honesty, is that she looks JUST like Luna Lovegood (no judging). Then, she starts to sing and her voice is NOT what I expected. So then, because I officially judged her on both being a Harry Potter character and a different voice to match her looks, I gave up. I just said, "you know what, play the song Laura". That's when I was blown away. Her guitar playing skills=absolutely beautiful. The whole scenery of the music video is gorgeous.

If you like this song, check out the rest of her stuff. Another one that I recommend of hers is "Tap At My Window". That song is amazing as well.

Thoughts?


2 comments:

  1. Shame indeed.

    Also, this song is simply amazing. I love where she ramps it up about 2/3 of the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love her. She does look like Luna. Her voice is a lot deeper than I thought - it reminds me of Regina Spektor at points too.. lovely :)

    ReplyDelete