Sunday, January 8, 2012

More Classical Please.

So I went for a 7 mile run yesterday because I'm pretty sure weather.com said that it was 61 degrees outside. I start to run, and Chopin's Nocturne in E flat major comes up. At first I was like, "no no no, I can't listen to this...I have to find something with a beat, like Beyonce" (fyi...Beyonce had her baby last night!).

Anyways, just before I clicked the 'next' button, I thought I'd wait it out. I'm so glad that I did. This song is SO beautiful. Picture this. It's slightly warm, with a light wind. The sun is in the air, it's mid afternoon. You're running, which of course means that the endorphins are kicking in--and you're listening to this song. To be completely honest with you all, I can't remember the last time I felt so, serene on a run. I was observing everything, feeling completely nostalgic of spring time and all of the memories included. Have you ever had this happen to you? A song, that you completely unexpected, drives you into an emotional whirlwind?

The song by Chopin is utterly beautiful. I can't even begin to describe it--just listen to it. By the way, does anyone want to say, "Chop-in" when pronouncing his name, like from It Takes Two with the Olson twins? Anyone? Anyone?
"What do you mean it's not pronounced like that?!?!"

Okay, here it is. Just take a minute to soak it all in. I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I love driving to classical music. And I LOVE to Olsen twins!

    ReplyDelete