Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Soothing

Okay so up here in this stupid state, it has been around 13 degrees for the past few days. Why why why? I can't stand the cold weather--it makes me so grumpy. Even my favorite kind of coffee (hazelnut from Panera) can't even make me smile.

So let's all take a minute and glance at this picture. Just to remind us of the fact that in other parts of the world, it looks like this year round.
Sigh. Also this makes me really want to relax:
Slash...I really wish that my coffee looked like that every morning

Anyways, I think we need a nice, relaxing, soothing song to make us all swoon in Folkish adoration.

Cue Iron & Wine. You can NEVER go wrong with Iron & Wine in my opinion. I think I honestly first fell in love with them, when I heard "Such Great Heights" by them. I'm normally used to the Postal Service version so this slower version completely won me over. Another great song of theirs is Love and Other Verses.

But no, today, we're going to bring "Resurrection Fern". It really ties into a beautiful depiction of nature and simple times. Do I understand what this song is about? Of course not. Do I really care? Not really. It's a beautiful, mellow song and every once in a while, this is the type of song that I think everyone needs.

So grab a warm blanket, an awesome book, and relax to Iron & Wine. (chocolate should also be added to that list)

1 comment:

  1. I just downloaded an Iron and Wine song last week...Flightless Bird, American Mouth I think it's called. I am not really sure what the song is about - but I love the chorus. The first time Mike heard it, he was like, "What?!" And I said, "I know I know...but listen to the chorus!" ;)

    ReplyDelete