Saturday, January 14, 2012

Still Obsessed With Flo

Yes yes yes. I of course am referring to Florence Welch from Florence + The Machine.
Just like everyone else in America, I first heard her most popular song, "Dog Days Are Over" on the "Eat Pray Love" trailer. Okay maybe you heard her some other time but whatever.

When I saw the music video for this song, I was taken aback. It's....different. Weird almost. Then I heard Cosmic Love, You've Got the Love..and so on and so forth.

To be honest with you, I kind of just stopped listening to her for a while. You know how it goes---you listen to a specific artist for so long that you need to move on. Too much.

A dear friend of mine sent me her new album a few months ago titled, "Ceremonials". I didn't really listen to it because I heard "What the Water Gave You" and I wasn't impressed. Well, at the beginning of December, I was driving down to Chattanooga by myself. It was a Friday after half a day of work and then a 10 hour drive ahead of me. Needless to say, I was super tired.

It kind of looked like this but dark.





I turned my Ipod on Shuffle and the song, "Breaking Down" off of her new album came on. Instead of turning to the next song, I thought, "you know what...it's not like I'm going anywhere, let me see how this sounds".

Just like that--I was obsessed again. I listened to the entire album over, and over, and over again. Her voice is just soothing. She brings different beats and sounds so that every song that you listen to is new and different than the last. So I have this thing, that if I hear a song on my Ipod (off of an album), I have to make sure that the artist/s sound good live. Well, I'm going to post Florence singing, "Shake It Out" on the X Factor. You tell me if she sounds good or not:

(By the way, the answer is that she sounds amazing live).
After you listen to this, check out the song "Breaking Down" that I was talking about. I LOVE this song. I love her whole album actually. Check out her album "Ceremonials" if you have time and honestly, shoot me an email if you want it. It's great music from a very talented woman. Enjoy!

2 comments: